Login   Register

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 am

Post subject: 1983 244 DL for sale
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:49 pm 
Site Member

This was, at one time, my mother's car purchased new. I don't know if it's clear in the photos, but the paint on the roof is worn to the white undercoat in places. I checked the valve clearances a few years back and was amazed that they were all still in spec. This is a DL model, no power windows. Not sure what other differences there were between the DL and GL that year. About 220K on it.

Photos at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lsco1unthqsi ... jUs2a?dl=0

I replaced the heater hoses recently. Main problem at this point is a leaky connection between the speedo cable and tranny. The nylon part there needs to be replaced with the steel version, but Volvo says that's a "classic part" and expect to wait several months for delivery. I just want it out of my garage at this point, I have three other cars to maintain and no use for this any more, sadly. Registration is about to expire and I don't want to pay for that and the insurance! Never a problem with DEQ, though.

As the last of our 240s there are some minor parts, snow tires, and a rebuilt steering rack that I never used. $500 takes it all or make an offer to mbliss@agora.rdrop.com!

Thanks for looking

It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 am