Login   Register

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 am

Post subject: 1984 240 Turbo wagon
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 am 
OVT Club Member

I am selling one of my projects to make some room for others. This wagon has a good DD set up, and I have been using it for a while now. It's a 1984 Turbo model with a few modifications. I put in a 90 turbo motor and LH 2.2 from a 740. It has a T cam in it, and when I had the motor pulled, I shimmed the cam to specs. It has a 3 core radiator and factory IC with a saab CBV. I converted the alternator to the newer 740 mount up high on the drivers side and the oil filter has been flipped to the front side of the engine for easier removal. The downpipe is a modified 240 pipe. The catalytic converter has been relocated to under the car, and the exhaust runs the entire length of the car and out the right rear. There is no muffler on the car, but the tone is quiet and the car is not loud. It doesn't have power steering, but it does have a ZF rack that comes in the car originally. The car is very easy to drive without power steering. The transmission shifts well and OD works every time. The clutch was in good shape when I swapped the motor.

The wagon is lowered. The front coils are older IPD coils that have been cut, and the rear springs are out of a jeep cherokee and have been cut to where it sits now. I replaced the front struts with KYB excels and the rear shocks are Bilsteins from a suburban front end. Shorter and stiffer shock. The combination of the shocks and springs help keep the big wagon rear end stable. The sways are stock and there is a strut brace installed in the front. The car also comes with a lower chassis brace as well.

The brakes are in good shape, and the front bearings have been repacked. I aligned the front suspension to some better handling specs, without being extreme enough to cause any bad wear. If you would like to know the specs, I can go over them if you're interested. The tires are newer and have great tread on them and the car handles well for its age and suspension. The suspension will need some attention. The front lower ball joints do have a small amount of movement in them. The bushings in the car will need some attention in the future. The rear axle bushings do have some play and the torque rods will need some bushings replaced as well.

The car is an A/C car and I do have all the hoses and parts that go with the car. When I got the car, there was no motor and all the front end was taken apart and I just didn't install any of it. There is some body damage on the L/R fender from the previous owner not torquing his wheels and there is some trim missing from the R/F door. The interior was black leather which shows its age. I have some blue cloth seats in the car which I may include for the right price. Otherwise it will come with the original seats. As you can see the car is blue. It has been resprayed in the past, poorly. The paint needs help and the clear coat is not in good shape. It has 3rd row seating as well. The odometer reads 118k but I don't think its very accurate and the speedo when driving reads about 7 mph faster than your driving.

The tags are good until October. This set up passed DEQ when it was in my other car earlier this year, and the title is clean.
I tried to answer as many questions as I could, but if you have any others, please ask. I am asking $1700 o.b.o. Thanks. Call or text if interested, but text may be a little better. 503-709-0567

I may be interested in a trade. The only cars or parts I may be interested in are manual trans 88 and up E30 4 door(maybe 2 door) or an E28 maybe. Also bmw parts. M30b35 swap with tranny and pcm/ecu. maybe a non vanos m50 swap or even an m60b40 with tranny up to 95 and obd1.
Maybe something else bmw. Worse I can say is no. Also, trade wise, I'm not looking for perfection if you have a trade, and I am not adding money for something either. Thanks a lot for looking.

2006 Mazda6

It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 am